Last updated December 12, 2017 at 10:59 am
Are science and art polar opposites? Or are they two sides of the same coin?
The Australian Network for Art and Technology runs a residency program called Synapse that pairs artists with scientists and scientific organisations. This gives the scientists and the artists a new perspective on their work, and the work of their colleagues.
In this video, artists reflect on their time working with scientists:
- Chris Henschke worked with scientists from the Australian Synchrotron on a project about particle physics
- Cat Jones worked with scientists from the School of Medicine and Pharmacology at the University of Western Australia on a performance art project about neuroscience
- Jessica Herrington worked with Professor Ted Maddess on a digital art project about neuroscience
- Dr Leah Barclay worked with Dr Simon Linke on a project about river listening
- Baden Pailthorpe worked with Professor Aaron Coutts on a project about sport
See our video featuring scientists from Synapse talking about art here.